This accredited qualification provides learners with skills to further their first aid training.
Those gaining this qualification will know that cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation form an essential part of the chain of survival.
The topics covered by this qualification are regarded by Skills for Health as being important in maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation.
This qualification is currently assessed by a practical demonstration of competence in addition to a Multiple Choice Examination (MCE) or oral/written questioning.
All successful candidates on this course get their first annual refresher training half price.
- Welcome & Introduction
- Aims and Objectives
- Electrical Power transmission
- DC Conductor Rail Power Distribution
- Electrical Control Rooms
- DC Conductor Rail and Components
- Identification of hazards
- Crossing the Line
- Be able to identify approved insulated tools and how to inspect them before use
- Working in DC Isolations and hazards associated with working within DC isolations
- Understand the three risk levels and the control measures to apply when working near or adjacent to DC conductor rails
- Applying a TCOC in DC Areas
- Practical Assessment
- Theory Assessment
- Currently hold a valid PTS competence
- Candidates must hold a valid Medical and Drugs and Alcohol certificate issued by Network Rail
- Candidates must have a good command of the English language
- Candidates must be primary sponsored
This competency will align with the candidates’ existing PTS competence. Upon successful completion of the course, sentinel will be notified and the DCCR competence will appear on the candidates’ sentinel card. Recertification is completed as part of the PTS recertification course.
- 5th December 2019
- 2nd November 2019