What is an e-learning short course?
Short Courses are short e-learning courses designed to give your employees knowledge and understanding of key areas that are increasingly necessary in the workplace, such as cyber security, equality and diversity, data and privacy laws, and health and safety legislation. Each Short Course takes an average of 20 to 40 minutes to complete.
This e-learning 'short course' in GDPR is designed to help your organisation navigate the introduction of the GDPR. It covers all the essential information on how GDPR affects your business. It is ideal for employees in busy workplaces who need to get up to speed quickly with the requirements of the GDPR. The course is aimed at Any employee responsible for handling data, as well as their managers. It is particularly useful for employees responsible for managing or accessing databases.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018. It strengthens existing legislation on how businesses store and process data. Ensuring that your organisation is up to speed with the GDPR is essential, not only to protect your clients’ data, but also to protect your business from fines, penalties and reputational damage.
The e-learning short course in equality and diversity is designed to help your organisation understand the importance of GDPR and how GDPR affects your business. This e-learning course covers the following 6 topics:
- What the GDPR is, and how it affects how your business collects data
- The principles behind how you should process client data
- The rights of individuals over their data, including subject access requests and the right to be forgotten
- The GDPR requirements for your organisation
- What data and personal data is
- Data breaches and penalties
Learners taking this course will gain knowledge on what is meant by data protection, how to correctly and safely handle personal information, the consequences of incorrectly handling data and what personal data and sensitive information is. This course is available online through our Learning Management System.
This course includes a number of key features that will benefit the learner. These include the following:
- Media and content rich exercises that engage learners
- Interactive content and exercises based on real-life scenarios
- Multiple choice questions included within the e-learning
- Personalised certificate is issued upon completion of the course
Learners are expected to take approximately 20 to 40 minutes to complete this course
£20.00 + VAT