What is an e-learning short course?
Short Courses are short e-learning courses designed to give your employees knowledge and understanding of key areas that are increasingly necessary in the workplace, such as cyber security, equality and diversity, data and privacy laws, and health and safety legislation. Each Short Course takes an average of 20 to 40 minutes to complete.
Child protection and safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. You have a responsibility to ensure that the health and wellbeing of children and young people, up to the age of 18, is safeguarded.
This e-learning 'short course' in safeguarding children introduces the roles, responsibilities and rights when it comes to safeguarding children. You will learn the potential indicators of child abuse, the rights of the child, and the impact a parent or carer’s wellbeing can have on a child. Ultimately, by the end of the course you will understand the steps you should take if you have concerns for a child’s well being.
The e-learning short course in safeguarding children is designed to help you understand the potential indicators of child abuse and the steps to take if you have concerns for a child's wellbeing. This e-learning course covers the following 6 topics:
- Recognise the potential indicators of child abuse – physical, emotional, sexual and neglect, including radicalisation, child trafficking and female genital mutilation
- Understand the impact a parent or carer’s physical and mental health can have on the wellbeing of a child or young person, including the impact of domestic violence
- Understand the importance of a child’s rights in the safeguarding/child protection context
- Know what action to take if you have concerns, including to whom you should report your concerns and seek advice
- Demonstrate an understanding of the risks associated with the internet and social networking
- The basics of safeguarding legislation
Learners taking this course will gain knowledge on how to identify the signs of child abuse and how to raise the alarm if child abuse is suspected. The course is ideal for anyone who has responsibility for looking after, or caring for, children and young people. It may be particularly useful for child minders, nursery staff, teachers and teaching assistants. The course may also be used as part of the on-programme element of the new apprenticeship standards, and can support the knowledge, skills and behaviours apprentices need to effectively integrate into the workplace.
This course includes a number of key features that will benefit the learner. These include the following:
- Media and content rich exercises that engage learners
- Interactive content and exercises based on real-life scenarios
- Multiple choice questions included within the e-learning
- Personalised certificate is issued upon completion of the course
Learners are expected to take approximately 20 to 40 minutes to complete this course
£20.00 + VAT