The First aid at work training course provides the comprehensive set of practical skills needed by first aiders in most workplaces to become a confident first aider at work. Giving both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies. It meets the standards required to help comply with Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations.
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Bleeding (minor and severe)
- Bone muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains (including heart attack)
- Choking (adult)
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations
- Low blood sugar
- Resuscitation (adult CPR)
- Seizures (adult)
- Severe allergic reaction
- Spinal injuries
- Unconscious casualty
- This course is designed for people who want to receive our most thorough first aid training.
- Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2).
All candidates will receive a handbook to guide them through their first aid both during the course and back in the workplace. All successful candidates will receive a certificate specifying their qualification shortly after attending their course.
The level 3 First Aid at Work qualification is valid for 3 years after which each candidate must take the 2-day refresher course if they wish to continue practicing. In order to take the 2-day course, each candidate must have a valid level 3 first aid at work certificate.
All successful students will be issued with a First Aid at Work Certificate, along with a wallet-sized plastic card detailing their qualification.
All successful candidates on this course get their first annual refresher training free.
- 5th December 2019
- 2nd November 2019