This accredited two-day paediatric first aid course focuses on emergency scenarios that face those looking after young children and infants, including day nurseries, private nursery schools, pre-schools, before and after school clubs for children in the early years age group, childminders and carers of children at home.
The paediatric first aid course meets the Ofsted Early Years and Childcare Register requirements.
- who is unresponsive and breathing normally, including a child and infant resuscitation
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- with external bleeding
- with injuries to bones, joints and muscles.
- sickle cell crisis
- diabetic emergencies
- asthma attack
- allergic reaction
- febrile convulsions
- who are experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold
- who has sustained an electric shock
- with burns or scalds
- who has been poisoned
- who has been bitten or stung
- with minor injuries, including cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters and nose bleeds
- with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- with head and spinal injuries
- with anaphylaxis
- who is suffering from shock.
This course is for people working with young children and those working towards an Early Years educator qualification.
Practical skills are assessed by continuous observation by the trainer and there is a written assessment paper to check your understanding.
- 5th December 2019
- 2nd November 2019