Understanding mental health and the negative stigma that surrounds it is important. The objective of this qualification is to aid understanding the basic principles of mental health awareness. This qualification can be taken by learners preparing to enter employment or by those who are already in employment and wish to develop their knowledge of mental health. This is a knowledge-only qualification that provides underpinning knowledge and understanding in relation to mental health, mental ill health and wellbeing. Learners undertaking this qualification will develop their underpinning knowledge and understanding in relation to mental health, mental ill health and wellbeing.
- Welcome and introduction
- Understanding mental health and wellbeing
- Understand how mental ill health affects the experience of individuals
- Understand the mental ill health continuum
- Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
- Knowledge assessment
- This course is for learners aged 16 and above
- Candidates need a basic command of the English language (Level 1)
- This qualification can be taken by learners preparing to enter employment or by those who are already in employment
All successful candidates will receive a certificate and a wallet-sized card specifying their qualification shortly after attending the course.
Progression can be made by enrolling on the Highfield Level 2 Award in Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health.
- 5th December 2019
- 2nd November 2019