COSS CRP LLT is a half day course intended for those who are required to receive a conductor rail permit and set up a Safe System of Work to control the risks of persons being electrocuted from DC third rail system.
- Welcome and Introduction
- The DC electrified lines system
- Planning of the work which requires an isolation
- Risk Assessment
- Normal isolation procedure and the issue of the conductor rail permit
- Conducting a ‘live line test’ using the Seaward live line tester
- Briefing the workgroup and during the work
- When work is completed or suspended
- Theory assessment
- Post course objectives
- Candidates must hold a Sentinel Card endorsed with a valid PTS DCCR and COSS competence
- Candidates must hold a valid Medical and Drugs and Alcohol certificate issued by Network Rail
- Candidates must have a good command of the English language
- Candidates must be primary sponsored
At the end of the course, sentinel will be notified of successful completion. The CRP LLT competence will appear on the candidates’ sentinel card and align with the current COSS competence - the training and assessment cycle of the parent COSS competence will need to be adhered to. The CRP LLT competence is assessed and recertified in line with the COSS competence.