This course is designed for candidates who have been previously trained in the duties of a Handsignaller and need to be recertified. This can be done within 8 weeks before or after the expiry of the current HS competence. The HS recertification course is intended to provide candidates with re-assessment in their understanding of the duties of the Handsignaller.
- Welcome & Introduction
- Aims and Objectives
- The need for recertification
- Completion of the course workbook and the delivery of any training if applicable
- Review of course workbook
- Practical assessment
- Knowledge assessment
- Post course requirements
- Candidates must hold a valid AOD - (HS) competence due to expire within 8 weeks, or it must have expired within 8 weeks to be eligible for re-certification.
- Candidates must hold a valid Medical and Drugs and Alcohol certificate issued by Network Rail
- Candidates must have a good command of the English language
- Candidates must be primary sponsored
Successful candidates will be notified to sentinel as being trained and assessed as competent and their sentinel card will be endorsed AOD - (HS). This competence will be valid for two years. To recertify candidates must ensure they complete a minimum of four shifts and record them in their work experience book – issued by Seaton Rail.