The LKT recertification course is intended to provide delegates with re-assessment in their understanding of the requirements of the Lookout. This can be done within 8 weeks before or after the expiry of the current LKT competence.
- Welcome & Introduction
- Aims and Objectives
- Completion of the course workbook
- Review of course workbook and delivery of any training if required
- Practical assessment
- Knowledge assessment
- Post course requirements
- The candidates LKT competence must be expiring within 8 weeks or, have expired within 8 weeks of the course
- The delegate must be in possession of a Logbook with 4 completed entries and 2 line manager reviews, this must be presented to the trainer at the start of the course
- N.B Sentinel logbook entries are also accepted
- Candidates must hold a valid Medical and Drugs and Alcohol certificate (Level 3) issued by Network Rail
- Candidates must have a good command of the English language
- Candidates must be primary sponsored
- It is the responsibility of the candidates line manager to decide upon their suitability to attend this course.
On successful completion of the Lookout course delegates will be able to carry out the duties of the Lookout. Sentinel will be notified of successful completion and the candidates’ sentinel card will be updated. The LKT (U) competence is valid for 2 years.