The LKT recertification course is intended to provide delegates with re-assessment in their understanding of the requirements of the Lookout and Site Warden. This can be done within 8 weeks before or after the expiry of the current LKT competence.
- Welcome & Introduction
- Aims and Objectives
- The need for recertification
- Completion of the course workbook and the delivery of any training if applicable
- Review of course workbook
- Scenarios and case studies
- Practical assessment
- Knowledge assessment
- Post course requirements
- The candidates LKT competence must be expiring within 8 weeks or, have expired within 8 weeks of the course
- The delegate must be in possession of a Logbook with 4 completed entries and 2 line manager reviews, this must be presented to the trainer at the start of the course
- Candidates must hold a valid Medical and Drugs and Alcohol certificate issued by Network Rail
- Candidates must have a good command of the English language
- Candidates must be primary sponsored
On successful completion of the Lookout course delegates will be able to carry out the duties of the Lookout/Site Warden. Sentinel will be notified of successful completion and the candidates’ sentinel card will be updated. The LKT competence is valid for 2 years.