COSS OLP is a half day course intended for those who are required to receive a n overhead line permit (form c) and set up a Safe System of Work to control the risks of persons being electrocuted from the overhead line electrification system.
- Welcome and Introduction
- Description of the AC overhead line electrification system
- Planning of the work which requires an isolation
- Normal isolation procedure and the issue of the ‘Form C’
- Briefing the workgroup and during the work
- When work is completed or suspended
- Theory assessment
- Post course objectives
- Candidates must hold a Sentinel Card endorsed with a valid PTS AC and COSS competence
- Candidates must hold a valid Medical and Drugs and Alcohol certificate issued by Network Rail
- Candidates must have a good command of the English language
- Candidates must be primary sponsored
At the end of the course, sentinel will be notified of successful completion. The OLP competence will appear on the candidates’ sentinel card and align with the current COSS competence - the training and assessment cycle of the parent COSS competence will need to be adhered to. The OLP competence is assessed and recertified in line with the COSS competence.