The SSoWP recertification course is intended to provide delegates with re-assessment in their understanding of the requirements of the SSoWP competence. Candidates can sit recertification within 8 weeks before or after the expiry of the current SSoWP competence. This course is a 2 – day classroom-based course on how to correctly carry out the duties of the SSoWP. This course is for those who are required to routinely produce a Safe Work Pack (SWP) for staff required to work ‘on or near the line’ on Network Rail Managed Infrastructure.
- Welcome & Introduction
- Aims and Objectives
- The need for recertification
- Completion of SSoWP Course Workbook
- Delivery of training (if applicable)
- Workbook Review
- Completion of Practical and Knowledge Assessments
- Feedback and Post Course objectives
- The candidates’ SSoWP competence must be expiring within 8 weeks or, have expired within 8 weeks of the course
- The delegate must be in possession of their work experience sheets with 4 completed entries of completed SWP’s, two site visits and one line manager review since their last assessment, this must be presented to the trainer at the start of the course
- Candidates must have a good command of the English language
- Candidates must be primary sponsored
- Candidates must hold a valid Drugs and Alcohol certificate issued by Network Rail. It is best practice that a Drugs and Alcohol test has been carried out no more than 5 years prior to attending a SSoW Planner training event. The negative result shall be recorded against the candidates' sentinel record
On successful completion of the SSoWP recertification course delegates will be able to safely and effectively plan a safe system of work for a group of people whilst working ‘on or near the line’. Sentinel will be notified of successful completion and the candidates’ sentinel card will be updated. The SSoWP competence will be valid for two years and the candidate will need to undertake a workplace assessment between 9-15 months.