The SPICOP recertification course intended to provide delegates with re-assessment in their understanding of the requirements of the SPICOP competence. Candidates can sit recertification within 8 weeks before or after the expiry of the current SPICOP competence. This course is a 2 – day classroom-based course on how to correctly carry out the duties of the SPICOP on the Network Rail Managed Infrastructure. This course is for people whose job requires them to continue to safely set up and manage an engineering possession.
- Welcome & Introduction
- Aims and Objectives
- The need for recertification
- Completion of SPICOP Course Workbook
- Delivery of training (if applicable)
- Workbook Review
- Communicating Clearly
- Completion of Practical and Knowledge Assessments
- Feedback and Post Course objectives
- The candidates’ SPICOP competence must be expiring within 8 weeks or, have expired within 8 weeks of the course
- The delegate must be in possession of a logbook with 4 completed entries since their last assessment and 2 line manager reviews, this must be presented to the trainer at the start of the course
- Candidates must hold a valid Medical and Drugs and Alcohol certificate issued by Network Rail
- Candidates must have a good command of the English language
- Candidates must be primary sponsored
On successful completion of the SPICOP recertification course delegates will be able to safely and effectively set up and manage an engineering possession. Sentinel will be notified of successful completion and the candidates’ sentinel card will be updated. The SPICOP competence will be valid for two years and the candidate will need to undertake a workplace assessment between 9-15 months.